Thursday, February 24, 2011

To Blog or not to Blog...

For a long time I have wanted to start a blog, not because I think I have really important things to say. But because like most of you out there I need a place to organize my thoughts, try to be creative and I think like most mom's want a place to chronologically stay sane. Now as a mother of four(two boys, two girls) Many of my moments are probably not sane. Chronologically I'm lucky if I don't forget the ages of my children which by the way is 16 1/2, 14, 8 and 6! for those followers(man I hope I get some)that don't know me(those of you that do, bear with me). I have been married to the most wonderful husband(except my friend's Julies husband) for almost 17 years..Wozzers! Okay so I may have a little ADD so from time to time I may get off topic as I'm about to do right now. My husband just texted me and my youngest son Ty has officially lost his first tooth. I will try and post a picture later. We have four beautiful, sometimes not so nice children which I think is a pretty realistic statement on my part. By oldest to youngest it goes A.J., Karly, Madison and Ty. So I'm sure you can image that life is pretty full. One thing you must know, all the stories I'm about to divulge are entirely and completely the truth! As most mothers can attest the best stories can sometimes come from our children. But to really understand the depth of my stories you need to know that Ty is a very special boy. According to "What happens when your pregnant" I thought it was relatively true to what I was going through in my 4th pregnancy. After all I had done it four times how in the world could I mess it up. So that's the mystery of science. As we welcomed our last bundle of joy(which by the way I did cry for several months when I found out I was pregnant-because I said how in the world can I manage four!) Well let me just tell you something God does not give you anything that you can't handle, you might not like it and it might really be hard but you can do it, and do, it and do it. Ty developed fine until about 10 months, he seemed slightly delayed in some milestones but was not completely worried about it since I figured we all did everything for him. Long story short and believe me it's a long story we have come to find out Ty has sensory processing disorder(SPD) for short. In a nutshell this means his senses are in a traffic jam, he has motor, speech, and fine motor delays. There are different severity's and different ways it can manifest so no one child who has SPD is the same. I was already on the rollercoaster with the three children I had but Ty was a whole other dynamic he is like four children in one. I went from riding the Gadgets go coaster at Disneyland they call it a "junior" coaster to smack dab in the middle of Space Mountain where I was completely in the dark and alone about most things I thought I knew to be true. So for your pure enjoyment I hope to share some interesting and sometimes off the wall things that I do know to be true. Can't wait to share! Thank you to all my friends who have encouraged me along the way to start blogging, I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Very fun Missy! First of all you're a very good writer; nice choice of words. Second my psychoanalytical side thinks this will be very therapeutic. Third can people see what I post? Fourth have fun with it and I'll check in soon!!

    ReplyDelete